Yesterday the sun came out and the day warmed up. The perfect weather for going into my swarm’s box and adding the much needed additional frames. When I had set the bait box up, I only added 4 frames with drawn comb on the left side. The right side, that the entrance was on, I did not put frames so the swarm would have room to move in. I had watched quite a few YouTube videos and I saw a few beekeepers do this. Seemed like a good idea. I guess it is as long as you don’t wait too long before you add the remaining frames in so the bees don’t build on the lid. Since I waited a month before going into the box, they had built quite a bit of comb on the underside of the lid. If I ever wanted to be able to add another level to the hive and collect honey, I would have to separate the comb and do my best to put the comb on frames. This was the first time I had ever attempted it, and it was a bit chaotic to say the least. I was going purely on what the wonderful people at my favorite bee store, Bee Kind in Sebastopol, had told me. Mind you, they gave me a lot of information and I did not write it down. I am sure if any seasoned beekeepers see these pictures they would have a few words for me. I did the best I could at the time, and I just hope it works. The job only took me 15 minutes, if that, but a lot of comb was mangled and I lost a few bees. The scraps of comb I couldn’t save, I added to the top feeder for them to recycle. This morning they are very quiet. I haven’t seen a bee come out yet. I am worried. It might just be too early and cold for them, or they might just be hard at work with repairs. I’m not feeling too confident though.